Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Childhood Fantasies come true

Tuesday night, April 8th, Tawni and I attended the 'Y Awards', BYU's own version of the ESPY's, or the Oscars, Emmys, or Tony's for BYU Athletics, which ever helps you understand. Tawni got nominated for Female Crowd Pleaser of the Year [not only because she performs in a bathing suit, but because its so fun to watch]. What was even more fun was that all of these childhood heroes of mine from BYU teams of yesteryear were there as presenters. Rob Morris was there, Reno Mahe, even Shawn Bradley. There was a point in the evening when I was riding the elevator with Shawn Bradley, Max Hall and our respective dates. Shawn Bradley put his hand on my shoulder and made a joke about how tall he his by raising to his tip toes and hitting his head on the top of the elevator. What a pleaser.

Being around BYU is filled with so many rad experiences, and I commonly find that I have those moments where i catch myself thinking, 'I can't wait 'til I have kids so I can tell them about this!'. Until then, telling my blog is just as satisfying.

0 Comments: